Russell H., Technician
Experience:  Repairing devices of UK and European make for over 20 years.
13568747

Have Grundig G40000A doesn't tune in on signals anymore even

Customer Question

Have Grundig G40000A doesn't tune in on signals anymore even with fresh batteries. What can be done?
Category: UK Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

It sounds as if it might have a severe problem, but from your initial description I can't tell what is wrong, at all.

Do lights come on when you switch it On, at all?

How about trying it running on batteries when it is not plugged in to either a power cord, an AC Adapter, nor a wall outlet?

And how about removing the batteries, then trying it out on either a power cord, an AC Adapter, nor a wall outlet - does that make any difference ?

Is it connected to an external antenna or not? if it is still showing any signs of life (lights, sound produced, etc.) that might be something to try if it is just not producing any sounds from stations.

And, if it is producing sound, but only a steady roar of static, then it has a failed electronic component (or several) in it, and needs repair (or, if you choose, replacement).