Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Pioneer PDP507XD picture and sound on of seconds - then

Customer Question

pioneer PDP507XD picture and sound on for couple of seconds - then whole cuts out and 'internal protection circuit' short in speaker cable, then tv shuts off. Speakers have been removed but fault still occurs. Any ideas please???
Category: UK Electronics
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, This is a fault on the Mainboard causing this false "internal speaker" message. It's common with this set, and other Pioneer sets. The only thing you can try is removing the speaker cables from the set (which is the only external cause of this problem) and if it persists beyond that the Mainboard needs to be replaced. The part is: Pioneer AWV2318 (ANP2149-D). A shop will typically charge £180-200 for this type of repair or if you can find a source that sells used/pulled parts you can inquire about the mainboard and replace it yourself (it's a plug and play component).

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix.

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?
If not, could you please click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts? It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.