Russell H., Technician
Experience:  Repairing devices of UK and European make for over 20 years.
13568747

My tv flickers when I first put it on half an hour, then it

Customer Question

Hi, Jack,
My tv flickers when I first put it on for about half an hour, then it works perfectly. I've tried checking all connections and unplugging the tv from the socket. I would appreciate any suggestions, thank you.
Category: UK Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

A problem that only occurs when a device like your TV is still cold, not yet warmed up, is usually a failure of an electronic component.

But tell me what the age of your TV is?

And also, describe the flickering a little more. Is it a matter of the brightness? or of the color? of the position or 'sync' of the image on the screen as a whole?

Also tell me the model of your TV... much might depend upon that information.

(But in sum it's best and most honest to warn you: this problem may require repairs. Do you have any experience with disassembling and servicing a TV, of any kind even if not of this model's particular kind ?)