Anthony InfoTech
Anthony InfoTech, Technician
Experience:  Audio Visual Technician
18621325

Toshiba 40hl933b stuck in standby

Customer Question

Toshiba 40hl933b stuck in standby
Category: UK Electronics
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Anthony InfoTech replied 1 year ago.

Hello

I do not use the phone call facility sorry please continue to text

So its stuck in standby and wont work using the remote control OR the buttons on the set itself is that correct?

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The standby light is on no response by remote or buttons
OK and you have rebooted?unplugged the set from the wall for 5 mins then replugged back in again
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did that several times did not work
The mainboard in the set is bad, I can help you with this if you can use small tools ?let me know I will provide all the necessary info to replace the board and where to obtain one
Let me know please
A positive rating is appreciated thank you there will be a rating band with this post, note the question remains open always
Regards
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have already removed the back
You need to get the back off the set, locate the mainboard thats the one with all the AV connectors on, unplug and unscrew the board from the chassis, remove the board ,carefully examine the board for its part number usually found on a sticky label on the board or etched on the board, (you may need to go through a few codes before you find the right number)when you get the part-number try www.FLATTVPARTS.co.uk first, if they dont have it google the part-number to locate a supplier, its the reverse to fit plug in and switch on TV (plug and play)
Let me know if you need more info
A positive rating is appreciated thank you, ***** ***** be a rating bar of smileys or stars with this post please pick out a positive rating and click submit or finish thanks again, rating me positively is the only way I receive a proportion of the fee from the site, please note the question will remain open.
If for some reason you do not see the rating bar please let me know and let me know in that case if you are satisfied with my diagnosis or answer.
Regards
Anthony