Louie, Customer Service
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

TimI have a cheap Matsui M22dvdb19I have always

Customer Question

Hi Tim
I have a cheap Matsui M22dvdb19
I have always (3-4 years) used it as a 2nd tv using the RF2 output from a Sky HD Box via a magic eye connection.
It has always been fine ....colour has been fine, and colour continues to be fine.
But I am for the first time trying to tune in to Freeview (UK digital terrestrial TV) using a decent indoor aerial. We are in a strong signal area and other TVs in same location set up just fine. ALL available channels tune in, picture and sound are clear BUT there is *no colour*....picture is black and white only!
To confirm ....when magic eye/RF lead is returned to antenna socket, colour is fine from the Sky box....but Magic Eye/RF2 is removed and replaced by dtv aerial, there is no colour on DTV signal
thanks
Gareth
Category: UK Electronics
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Hi Gareth and welcome to JustAnswer,
Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...
Initially and based on what has been tried, it would seem to be an issue with the 'indoor aerial'. Proposed tries to confirm/eliminate suspects:
• re-check the coaxial cable and the connector as well as coupling to the 'indoor aerial';
• try the 'indoor aerial' with another TV;
• try another antenna (preferably rooftop/outdoor) with the Matsui M22DVDB19.