Russell H., Technician
Experience:  Repairing devices of UK and European make for over 20 years.
13568747

There is a message " no signal" on my tv

Customer Question

Category: UK Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
'No Signal' on a TV, always means one thing: the signal source is not providing any signal (if e.g. your cable service has failed, or with satellite TV, if your antenna has fallen down or come loose and become misaligned, or similar problems), or else it is not hooked up, or else... a third alternative, which you should check at once:
- in the TV's Menu system, bring up the setting for
Signal Source
and check that is it set to the correct value. If it is indicating the wrong port as the source of the TV's signal that forms the image and the sound on it, then the No Signal message will come up. So, even if you don't know what the right setting for the signal source is, try going through and trying each one, until you get a TV picture within a few seconds after saving the changed Signal Source setting.
(Otherwise, and if that's not the problem, you should check the cable to your TV, from whatever TV source you have, e.g. an antenna hookup, a cable TV service, or other TV service types. And if there's a 'TV box', then check the indicator lights on that TV box, and let me know what type of box it is, and what the indicator lights say... and I will advise you further in that case.)
If this completes the case as far as you are concerned, please rate my Answer. Or, let me know how it goes, and how you would rate my Answer. Thanks.