Louie, Customer Service
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Ive got a U81 code error

Customer Question

Ive got a U81 code error
Category: UK Electronics
Expert:  Anthony InfoTech replied 1 year ago.
Hello
Welcome
Thanks for the Question
I will need the full model number of the unit found on the back of the unit please?
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
DMR-EX25EB-S
Serial No. VW7BL02642 R
Hi
Its a communication error
Please try this get the unit into service mode by pressing at the same time these three buttons STOP/CHANNEL UP/OPEN CLOSE on the unit itself NOT the remote and hold all 3 for 5 seconds do this whilst the unit is in OFF mode you will see SERV in the window when you get this right, when you are in this mode press 9 then 9 again you will see CLR in the window, switch the unit ON and OFF then ON again and the U81 is hopefully gone let me know if it does go
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When i try this it switches from the time to HELLO
Ok let me explain, this procedure is not meant for the user its meant for a technician now firstly make sure the unit is in the OFF mode so its ON at wallpower but OFF itself so then you hold those 3 buttons down simultaneous for more than 5 seconds you should see the SERV sign in the window of the unit if you do not see that you are not doing this correctly
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is what I have done - plugged into wall - Wall socket outlet switch ON. Unit not switched on ( just shows the time).
I press simultaneously CH (up arrow); OPEN/CLOSE BUTTON; STOP button ( square symbol).
Hold for 5 seconds.................HELLO message appears.
I think this is what you were saying. Tried again.....same thing happens...??
Did you hold all 3 though AT THE SAME TIME?
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Simultaneously
I am sorry this is not working for you this IS the procedure to get the unit into SERVICE mode you do have to hold all 3 for more than 5 seconds
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is my description of what I have been doing correct?
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome back to JustAnswer,
Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...
Initially, the described symptom almost always point to an internal hardware issue or more particularly, a most likely fault with the RAM/digital board. While the service reference points to a potential firmware glitch/error, field experience has shown that it is often a low or missing voltage at this board that triggers the fault code. Depending on the version, something like Part Number RFKNEZ25EB.
The above would require that the unit be opened up for visual inspection, voltage/continuity/resistance checks, confirm faults and effect repairs.
I realize that the above information may perhaps be not what was expected. Unfortunately, there is no quick-n-easy fix and neither is there a workaround; sorry for having to be the bearer of bad news.
Please post back how you would wan to approach this and/or should additional information be needed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can understand if the problem cannot be resolved over the internet if it is a hardware issue.
I presume I don't pay the full fee if the problem isn't resolved - do I just pay the deposit of £3.00?
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
For payments and billing concerns, please contact Customer Support.