Noel, Technician
Experience:  electrical / electronics technician

I have a Samsung S1065 camera. When I try to turn it on the

I have a Samsung S1065 camera. When I try to turn it on the green light at the back comes on. It makes 3 beeps and then turns itself off. Please can you help?
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you with your problem. When this happens with Samsung cameras normally it is a lens issue. What you need to do is to turn the lens clockwise then push the power button. As soon as you hear a click when you turn it push the power button and it should work fine.

If you need further assistance let me know.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, doesn't work, the lens hasn't come out but the cover over the lens is half open. It won't turn.

Ok then try turn on your camera hold the lens, then turn on again and pull out the lens so it has full length. It may got something blocking it to come out like a dust particle. If you still cant make it to come out then it may need to be opened and have the gears checked for blockages.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Excellent, but now it's saying the card is locked.

Ok try remove the SD memory card from the camera. Look for the lock switch on the memory card and slide it away from the "lock" position. Re-insert the SD card and all should be ok.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What an excellent fellow you are. Enjoy the money. BBFN, Richard.

Glad you managed to solve the problem, for me to get paid i need a positive rating.