Noel
Noel, Technician
Experience:  electrical / electronics technician
41498811

My Goodmans Digital TFT LCD TV/DVD?USB & SD Card Slot Model

My Goodmans Digital TFT LCD TV/DVD?USB & SD Card Slot Model GTVL 19W 17HVFW will not respond to the remote control. The standby light is illuminated on the set but the light on the remote is off. I have replaced the batteries in the remote. I suspect the fault lies in the remote but would be grateful if you could advise.
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you. Yes you are right, most probably the problem lies within the remote control. What you can try is to open the remote control and clean with contact cleaner and blow with compressed air. If this does not fix it then most probably it would require to be replaced as it is not worth repairing.

If you need further assistance let me know.

Noel
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Does the replacement I buy have to be programmed to the set or will any remote do the job?

You need to buy either a Goodmans remote control that matches your tv or else you can buy a universal remote control that will match any TV set. This bu you would need to program it to match your tv according to the instruction manual. Normally it can be bought at any Hifi store.

Noel