Noel, Technician
Experience:  electrical / electronics technician

I have a Samsung 40 inch plasma television purchased about

I have a Samsung 40 inch plasma television purchased about 7 years ago. Last night my son switched it on and there was a smell as if something had burned out. It did try to come on at first with just the sound but now there is nothing at all. Do you think it's worth repairing or should I purchase a new one.
Hello my name is Noel and I will assist you. If you have smelled something burning then it looks like the power board has burned out which would require to be replaced. This means that you would need to invest in quite a lot of money into the TV which is 7 years old and with a little more you can go for a much better new model. Unfortunately the electronics industry is becoming more disposable as time goes by and these things are not worth repairing any longer.

If you need further assistance let em know.