Aric, Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience installing, troubleshooting and customizing electronics.
24739752

my sanyo tv will not turn on . i have checked the fuse in the

Customer Question

my sanyo tv will not turn on . i have checked the fuse in the plug and it is ok . model of tv is CE37LD81-B
Category: UK Electronics
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.

How long have you had the set for and when did the problem occur?

Was it after a storm or power outage in your area?

Additionally, are there any signs of life at all on the TV (power light lit, blinking, click when power is pressed, etc.)?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i have had tv for 4 years approx. problem happened this morning . when i turned tv off the screen went black but i still had sound coming from it. no storm or power outage. when i press on switch on tv no start up blue light is coming on
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Does the set currently have sound but no picture, or are there no signs of life at all currently?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no sign of life at all
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.

This indicates that the power board, in the TV, is not powering up at all. The quick fix is that it could be simply that the fuse is blown. To access the fuse, you will need to remove the screws on the rear of the TV and remove the entire rear panel. The fuse will be located on the board where the power cord connects. Replace with one of the same type and rating from your local Hardware store.

If the new fuse does not cure the problem then, there is a failure on the power supply board inside the TV. Commonly the capacitors on this board will receive a surge and then fail. They can sometimes be visually verified by removing the rear of the set and inspecting them for bulges or leaking fluid at the top or the base of the caps. This is the most common mode of failure for these sets. In this case you would need to either be able to solder, or have a Tech repair the set for you.

If you need further assistance, let me know.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
checked fuse inside back of set . it is ok . will have to bring tv to repair shop for expert to look at as there are to many electronics fof myself to look at
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.

Did you check the fuse using a meter, or did you visually inspect it?

Also, did you notice if any of the capacitors were swollen, or leaking fluid? The capacitors are on the board where the power cord attaches, and they resemble mini soda cans.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
everything looks ok.
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Do you have any experience measuring voltages using a multi-meter?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no put in new fuse of same but still no change. do not have multi meter
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.

Okay. Unfortunately, if you do not have further abilities to measure voltages on this set, then you will need to bring it to a service center to find the short, and replace whichever board is giving you the fault, and there is nothing more we can do here.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok have to bring to repair shop thanks anyway
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.

You're welcome.