Marty
Marty, European Car Expert
Experience:  ASE & Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 30 years experience.
13230946

I have a 2013 Tiguan TDI I have had the sensor on the wheel

Customer Question

I have a 2013 Tiguan TDI I have had the sensor on the wheel replaced twice already as numerous lights come on ie ABS , steering wheel , anti slip hand brake . I have also noticed that the carpet in the drivers flloor well is wet. Is there a connection with a leak somewhere and the sensor being affected?. It is doing it again and we have had a lot of rain
JA: Is it just the ABS light? Or is the brake system warning light on, too?
Customer: IAbout 5 lights are on
JA: Are you fixing your Tiguan yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No sending to dealer , but I have noticed during my long life time that people don't listen to me when I say there is a connection to a problem . I don't what to fix the problem with a new sensor and a few months down the line I have to go through the same problem again. My warrantee is only for 5 years
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: only that I am an old woman and not to speak to me too technically
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 10 days ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service. This service will be an addition to the normal question cost. Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!! I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

Do you have the codes of the vehicle scan please? which side is the water located ? does the vehicle have a sunroof?

thanks