Technicaldan
Technicaldan, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Accredited
94166128

My friend has a Mitsubishi Lancer CY from 2011 with normal

Hi guys. My friend has a Mitsubishi Lancer CY from 2011 with normal key sistem but he lost one of the key's chip .
So I bought a pre coded ID 46 chip and tried to code it with a launch x431 pro3 !
Everything went well : password ***** etc ...but at the last step before coding it's asking me some kind of key ID ( input key ID 1....input key ID 2...)
So my question is : where do I find this ID ? Is it the same for both keys? ( The car recognize the chip but not his ID ..)
Thank you for your time!

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

In some cases the ID maybe something like key 1 and key 2 if you have 2 keys.I would program it for key 1 if this is the only key or key 2 if this is the second key.If this is or was already tried and does not correct this here let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Hi Pete! Thanks for your answer!
First of all I'd like to apologise for my English. I'm from Italy :)
Second I'll try to explain better! I'm sure the car sees the chip ( it's a pre coded chip ID46 ) but doesn't recognize his id ( I say this because without the chip in the key the obd error scan gives me something like" no chip cod revealed " and if I do the scan with the chip at his place it gives me something like " chip id unrecognized​"). All normal given the situation....but when I try to code the key ... After all the steps I have to take with my launch x431 pro 3, at the end ( last step ) it asks me for that key ID and it has to be a 8 digit id ( I don't know if numeric or alfanumeric)
If I get the wrong one the car won't start at all because at this point even the second key will be unrecognizable for the car.( I have to code all of the available key in sequence and all the rest will be deleted from the car's memorie !
I have already done lots of coding on older car ( only obd coding procedure )but I've never been asked anything like this! Some ask you a key code provided by the producers on a credit card like card, but it stands for the password ***** the Mitsubishi Lancer case and I have that ( the right one ) .
I noticed that on the chip are some numbers . Some of them are equal in all ID46 chip but the rest of them are different on each one! Could it be one of those alfanumeric sequence? The file I attached is a id46 chip foto just for example ( not the one I have but identical )! The number sequence in the first line is the one equal to all ID46.
I really appreciate your answer and I hope I was a bit clearer this time !

Hello.

Unfortunately my info is limited on this model here for the key system and is best if I were to open your question up for others here to see if anyone else can assist further.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Hi, I see you are still waiting so I thought i'd see if i'm able to help.

The pcf7935as chip you show is a blank generic transponder, that can then be programmed to behave similar to an id40, id42, id46 chip, etc, using something like a zed bull chip tool.

The original chips were phillips I believe, I think nxp have some cloned and a few other unknown makes.

How far have you got since your last update?

Technicaldan, UK Car Mechanic
Experience: Accredited
Customer: replied 2 day ago.
Hello ! Thanks for answering! Since the last answer I learned that I need a transponder ( chip ) reader in order to have the id of the key ( witch is really the 8 alfanumeric sequence that's memorized into the chip) and after reading it I have do manually memorize it into the immo.
I have a confirmation of the procedure from a Mitsubishi technic : the car asks for manual confirmation of the chip id .... don't ask me why but it does !
All this because I have already a pre coded chip for Mitsubishi Lancer not a virgin one that could be able to clone the remaining key !
Thanks you for your time!