Greg
Greg, Shop Owner
Experience:  17 years Shop Owner /Technician. 27 years experience,
29331485

Nissan Almera 2000 2.2 Diesel. Battery went flat now car

Customer Question

Nissan Almera 2000 2.2 Diesel. Battery went flat now car will not start Looks like immobiliser problem
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: I have charged the battery and I have connected a solar panel to keep it charged up. The connections look sound. The car symbol obn the dash flashes six times and the manual says it is the immobiliser
JA: What is the model of your '00 Nissan?
Customer: Amera s 2.2 diesel.
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I would like to . I have not tried anything yet except to turn the ignition key
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have downloaded some software and have been looking for a laptop to OBD2 cable
Submitted: 5 days ago.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Greg replied 5 days ago.

Hi, I'm Greg (Indy-Tech).
Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.
Rgds Greg.

Expert:  Greg replied 5 days ago.

Hi .

Yes sadly you do have a NATS security issue .

Flashing light indicates the system is not recognizing the key.

You need to get hooked up to a nissan diagnostic scan tool and check for NATS malfunction codes .

This is typical when the NAT system loses power from the main battery and could also be the cause of stay alive power

Doing a diagnostic scan of the system will make this clear .

You will have to get the car checked by the Dealer or a mobile key locksmith who also carry diagnostic tools and programming software to program your keys if needed.

Here is a link to the mobile keysmith locator please click here

If you need further assistance with this issue then please get back to me with the reply box below .
This is not a one answer and done i/we will stay with you until the problem is sorted out .
Before rating poor or bad please get back to me as i'm here to help you and if i can't i will opt out so another expert can , we want you to be happy and have your problem sorted out and be a happy motorist .
After rating there is no further cost for any other question relating to this problem
Kind regards Greg..