Brandon
Brandon, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Ase Certified Technician
49003002

Ihave a Honda 2008 crv diesel with a small battery drain. I

Customer Question

hi Ihave a Honda 2008 crv diesel with a small battery drain. I have isolated it to fuse 16 in the engine bay. This controls the central door lock & alarm horn + ?. With this fuse removed the drain disappears but no cdl & alarm siren goes off. I have disconnected the alarm siren. Any ideas
JA: Have you tried locking and unlocking the driver's side door using the key itself?
Customer: Yes the cdl stops working. The cdl works ok with the fuse in
JA: Are you fixing your CR-V yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Hi I am an autoelectrician trading as GC Auto electrics. This car has had this fault for approx. 3 years. A new battery was fitted last week. No power drain. Car left for a couple of days & now shows a fluctuating draw of 0.5 up to .4 of an amp. Remove fuse 16 in engine bay & current draw drops to zero
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No I think that's about it
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Brandon replied 4 months ago.

Hello, have never seen a diesel crv here in the states but I'm sure most of the other components are the same. The most common source of a draw on that circuit would be the door lock actuator. As to exactly which one you may want to lock and unlock the doors a few times and see if you catch one working a little slower than the rest. If no luck there manually testing them all will be the only way.