Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

My 54 kia sedona 2.9 diesel has an issue with handbrake

Customer Question

My 54 kia sedona 2.9 diesel has an issue with handbrake warning light coming on and beeping if car goes in excess of 30mph its brakes and handbrake work fine
JA: Have you checked the brake fluid? Does the light stay on steady or is it intermittent?
Customer: Checked brake fluid. Light stays on beeping is intermittent
JA: Are you fixing your Sedona yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Mechanic looked at. Brake fluid handbrake disconnected wire from reservoir
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If there is an issue with the brake position sensor for the hand brake sending a false signal that the hand brake is applied this fault will occur and the sensor will need replaced.I would have the sensor and sensor wiring checked over for any issues and if any issues are found the fault will need repaired.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete