Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

I have a JVC model LT55N55O, The TV switches on and remains

Customer Question

Hi
JA: Hi. What do you want help with?
Customer: I have a JVC model LT55N55O , The TV switches on and remains on " key lock" and remote does not seem to be working
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your JVC is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 2015 model model number LT-55N550
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: problem on all sources, menu does not work
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: since last night, kids were apparently pressing the key pads on the side of the TV
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No just need reccomemded solution or if I should replace remore
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

From what you have described here this sounds like an internal electrical fault in the assembly itself.I have seen the circuit board fail on some as well as the processor and on some models the internal hard drive which will cause it to freeze up with no operations working.In some cases you can disconnect and reconnect power to it after a few minutes and it will reset and work again but if this does not work I suspect it will need replaced.It would be a good idea to have it tested to see if it needs replaced for sure.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete