Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

I need parts for my Mercedes 280 se 3,5 1972, w108, yes,

Customer Question

hello
JA: Hi. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: I need parts for my Mercedes 280 se 3,5 1972
JA: What is the model of your '72 Mercedes?
Customer: w108
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes, with a friend.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I need left front fender and left dvivers door, trunk. also sealant (rubber ) for doors, trunk, sunroof. can you help me.
JA: What exactly is happening to the trunk?
Customer: rust
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

I'm not sure where you have attempted to find parts yet for this model but I know Mercedes is fairly good about being able to produce or may have parts for this model here.Working at a dealer I was able to order in parts for 70's and even 60's Mercedes models.Was this attempted to see if a dealer can obtain the parts needed or is this not an option here?

Let me know,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I thought that you could assist me in finding parts I need.
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

O.k.,unfortunately I do not know of any other facilities myself that can get these parts but others here may be able to help further.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete