Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

Won't start air in line when manually pumping going from

Customer Question

won't start air in line when manually pumping going from hand pump back towards tank thanks would be great to get an answer I'm in spain and don't speak spanish
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: she turns over well
JA: What is the model/year of your Renault?
Customer: 2005 kangoo van
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: tried pumping air out of the line but it seems to be sucking it in from somewhere
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 12 days ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.\My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This fault here is usually due to a fuel line leaking,fuel filter or filter housing leaking,fuel leak inside the tank due to bro***** *****ne or cracked hose.These are the most common causes I have come across with this fault here before.This wont show up as a fluid leak on the ground since the injection pump sucks in fuel creating a vacuum,instead the pump sucks in air and fuel causing this issue due to the leak.In some cases you can hand pump the primer several times and inspect all lines and fuel components leading back to the tank for any leaks.Even the slightest leak will cause this fault here needing repaired.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete