Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

No electrical power to injection pump, i have disconnected

Customer Question

no electrical power to injection pump
JA: Have you checked the fluids recently?
Customer: i have disconnected to main plug to the injection pump and have no volts to any of the six pins
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2003 transit 90/350 2.4 duratorq
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: van was fine turned it of the it would not start glow pug flashing , checked wiring to inj pump and removed plug no feed to contacts i have checked fuse 22 and pump relay
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thanks
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
fault code p1659,p1665
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This may be due to an internal electrical fault with the ignition switch itself.I have seen ignition switch failure in the past before cause issues like this here needing replaced.If you have not had the switch tested this needs done to see if this is the cause here needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete