Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

It wont start just clicks. Sounds like the starter motor,

Customer Question

Hi, It wont start just clicks. Sounds like the starter motor
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: like I said sound like the starter motor but not sure just got the car today
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: peugeot 207 "06
JA: Are you fixing your 207 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: re charging the battery and trying again but no lights light up not even the hazard or interior lights
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I did try to jump start it and tried taking the pattery conectors of and put jumper cables derectly on the conectors
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Matt replied 1 month ago.

Hello

Hello

1st Check the resistance of the main positive lead that runs down to the motor as anything more than a few ohms and it should be replaced

also try substituting the battery for another as I've known a very flat battery to drag down the system voltage too far even with jump cables

one other thing to consider is that the immobiliser is faulty and preventing the starter from being enabled - however if the dash / ignition lights are on then this usually means that its off

If this is all OK then its possible the car needs a new starter motor

Expert:  Matt replied 1 month ago.

Hi

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you