Greg
Greg, Shop Owner
Experience:  17 years Shop Owner /Technician. 27 years experience,
29331485

Rear suspension will not raise and unable to get compressor

Customer Question

Rear suspension will not raise and unable to get compressor to work via vehicle but works very well when powered from slave battery. Trying to identify parts to check Cadillac Seville STS 1998 In United kingdom.
JA: How has the ride been lately? Have you noticed any fluid under the car?
Customer: the ride is low and car bottoms out over speed humps tyres up inside wheel arch.
JA: Are you fixing your Seville yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes fixing myself as there is no dealer in UK any more. Checked fuses ing3 and elc plus checked elc relay (55) in rear fuse box under back seat when we use slave battery to run compressor car goes up and when we start the car the air is released and it goes down to bottom again. Would like to get a wire diagram for the ELC system and Location of all parts so we can identify them and test.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No I thinks that's all the diagram and location of parts would help loads
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Greg replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I'm Greg (Indy-Tech).
Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.
Rgds Greg.

Expert:  Greg replied 4 months ago.

Hi .

First i suggest you get hooked up to a scan tool and check for suspension malfunction codes ,

As in most cases the most common issue would most likely be one of the level sensors causing you this issue .

If no scan tool then check a good GM shop or a local GM repair shop .

The maxidas DS 708 and 908 will work on the suspension system ,most indy shops have these tools.

Attached is the wiring diagram in two parts ,print and then tape together .

Need further assistance with this issue then please get back to me with the reply box below .
After rating there is no further cost for any other question relating this issue .
Kind regards Greg