Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor
3195632

Need some help, daihatsun sirion 1999 .is it possible to

Customer Question

need some help
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: daihatsun sirion 1999 .is it possible to program a new .key urself.because i lost my key but i got a new one and a chip but need help .of how to do it urself
JA: Do you have a backup key? Maybe the emergency kind that fits in your wallet?
Customer: no i lost all keys just the new one
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: try starting but the key needs to be programmed.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no only the procedure of how to do it urself
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Eric replied 1 month ago.

HI,

Unfortunately to program yourself, you need one working key, which you dont have in this case. Without a working key, it REQUIRES a dealer level scan tool

You can check your local locksmith to see if they have one and can come out to your vehicle to program it, otherwise you will have to have it towed in to a dealer to have this done

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.

Expert:  Eric replied 1 month ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.
~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?
If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.
If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

Expert:  Eric replied 1 month ago.

At this time, unless you have a related followup question on this at this time, please click the OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE 3 STARS OR HIGHER to pay for services rendered per your customer agreement as this is a PAYSITE and experts are not paid for their time, services, or knowledge until you do so. Thank you.