Marty
Marty, European Car Expert
Experience:  ASE & Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 30 years experience.
13230946

I have a mercedese showing fault code P0473. I believe this

Customer Question

Hi, I have a mercedese showing fault code P0473. I believe this to be a exhaust pressure reated problem it states 'Circuit High'. On this vehicle im only finding the DPF presure sensor and the code suggusts there is a fault in the circuit, can you advise?
JA: Do you have a scan tool to read the codes?
Customer: yes code P0473
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: 2006, mercedes 3.0cdi V6
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: so far removed the senor dpf differential pressure sensor. tested for continuity and seems ok so does ot seem to have an electrical fault.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: The vehicle has been going into limp mode but not storing any fault codes. Initially it was thought there was back pressure and the DPF was blocked but when removed we noticed the DPF had already been removed and DTC's deleted. had the car to a specialist today to check the ECU. they advised that there had been too many files deleted so the car was unable to register the faults thus no logging anything. they have restored to factory settings but retained the files relating to the DPF in the view that once the fault is identified the DPF can be deleted properly. he beleives that when they did it before (prior to my ownership) they deleted too many files which made it difficult to diagnose as the car would not reconise the fault. He belevies that this code could be the reason why if the car is seeing a fault but cannot allocate it to a particular code so was not storing anything. It lloks like this code is related to a Exhaust pressure sensor. I have tested the DPF one, is there another possibly between the EGR and the manifold?
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Lou P replied 12 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

Expert:  Lou P replied 12 days ago.

sorry for the delay, are you still needing assistance?