Marty
Marty, European Car Expert
Experience:  ASE & Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 30 years experience.
13230946

I have a fiat ducato 2011 with the comfortmatic gearbox. It

Customer Question

I have a fiat ducato 2011 with the comfortmatic gearbox. It came to us with the issue that it wouldnt go into gear, we have put a clutch in it along with a slave cylinder. We have also swapped out the master cylkinder which is part of the comfortmatic unit with another vehicle which we know is good. It would seem that it bleeds ok etc but when it comes to the final setup ( i am using the snapon solus pro) It fails and says that clutch stroke is inssuficient. Anyone got any input on this?
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
This is another explanation I gave to someone else.
so mate, this is a f**king headache I wish i didnt have!! This is the vin ZFA25000001722767 . It originally came in with the fuse for the pump blown and the fault code pump relay faulty. We fitted a new relay, replaced the fuse and away it went. a couple of weeks later it broke down and was recovered into us, When it arrived there was nothing wrong with the fuse but it wouldnt go into gear. If the engine wasnt running then it would select first or reverse but if the engine was running it would go to engage it but would then go back to neutral It seemed as though the clutch wasnt disengaging properly thus not allowing the gear to go in. So, we had the box out, fitted a new clutch, slave etc. Put it all back together, bled the clutch, readapted everything (atleast tried to) and it still wouldnt engage. I do have another vehicle the same here so swapped out the clutch master cylinder which was either a brave/smart or stupid move. After doing that there is still no differenace and I am pretty sure the clutch is bled as Ive done it manually and with the tool. Unfortunately the only tool i have is solus pro as logic wont talk to it via renault etc. What would be good, apart from someone giving me the answer to this problem, is to know how the vehicle knows that the clutch is fully depressed? Is there a sensor that tells it the clutch is right down?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
you'll get a response here and by email - often in 10 minutes or less and always within a day. ?????????
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 13 days ago.

Hi my name is***** will try to help. I will need some time to look into this for you. Bare with me

When you push in the clutch pedal is the slave cylinder moving as it should to disengage the clutch?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
There is no clucth pedal, it is a comfortmatic system.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
its a concentric slave so you have no way of seeing it
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 12 days ago.

thanks for the update. I was thinking of a different style. Let me opt out in case another expert might have more info on your model.