Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

Volvo 850T5 how to reset fault light in engine electronic

Customer Question

Volvo 850T5 how to reset fault light in engine electronic system
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: the warning light for the engine electronic system
JA: What is the model/year of your Volvo?
Customer: 850 T5
JA: What year is your 850?
Customer: 1997
JA: Are you fixing your 850 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: have not tried anything yet
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

The first thing that needs done is to have the fault codes read out/checked with a scan tool or computer that plugs into your vehicles data port ( usually located under the dash on the drivers side).Once this is done the code is then diagnosed and repaired.Once repaired the same tool that was used to read out the fault codes is used to clear the codes and this will turn off the fault light.

Another way is once the fault is repaired you can drive the vehicle up to 2 weeks in some cases and the computer will run its own testing and see over time the fault has been repaired and will turn the light off on its own.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete