Marty
Marty, European Car Expert
Experience:  ASE & Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 30 years experience.
13230946

I have à MB 500sl 2003 with Comand Unit I can not insert à

Customer Question

Hello
I have à MB 500sl 2003 with Comand Unit
I can not insert à new cd as there is à looking mechanism some 30 mm into the insert opening. The AM/FM radio is working fine
Any suggestion how to sort it out
Regards ***** *****
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

try this

Master reset Procedure

1- Disconect Battery Cables ( Negative & Positive Cables )you can use any electrical wire as an extension if battery cables don't reach .

2- Hold cables Together for 60 secs ,then let go

3- Wait 15 minutes

4- Make sure all doors are closed

5- Reconnect battery Cables

6- Lock & unlock the vehicles using the key from driver door side (if you have a key fob with no blade key, just lock & unlock using the key fob buttons)

7- Enter the vehicle and attempt to start

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi Chad
On the 500SL there are 2 batteries! I assume you talk about the small one in the luggage compartment? Can I connect plus and minus on this battery with the main battery still connected?
I might add that the car is starting and working just fine! No warnings( other than low battery)

yes sir the rear 12 volt in trunk

yes i know i m trying to reset the modules

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi Chad - me again
have been through all your steps. Everything seems ok but still the problem with the CD player. This little metall blade is still there. As it looks it must come up from below and blocks any attempt to insert a CD. It looks rather thin , is about 5 mm wide and is just to the right of the left steering pin for the CD,s. The mechanism for both steering pins seems to work. I have also tried to hold the eject bottom down for 5 secs or so- absolutely nothing happens
I get the impression it is some kind of "blocking" of the system? Is there any kind of "unlocking code"
I might add that the display says no CD in place and no CD in the 6- pack magasin behind the drivers seat . If I put a CD in the 6 -pack magasin -I can play it without problems!
Any suggestions?
Kind regards
Jörgen

if it was locked ,it will say locked on screen , i don't believe so ,if the reset did not do it ,the the cd unit needs replacing

they have on ebay ,I buy used one for customers all the time

take care Jorgen

Chad

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok
Bad news and I think I will leave it as is
Have understood that any avaiable navigation program is not particularly good
Thanks for your help
Regards
Jörgen

I m so sorry Jorgen

I wish there is something else i can tel you on it

I would take unit out and check electrical connector on rear for any backed out pins making poor connection ,try spraying electrical contact cleaner on connection and retest

Chad