Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

Mk2 PFL Focus ST225 ST3. All off my nearside indicators have

Customer Question

Mk2 PFL Focus ST225 ST3. All off my nearside indicators have stopped working. The bulbs are all fine as have swapped them over to check. When I press the stalk to indicate left I get between 2-4 quick flashes off the direction indicator arrow light in the cluster then it stops. If I press the hazard I get the same but the offside continues flashing as expected. Any help to pin pointment much appreciated. I have also removed the GEM module to check for corrosion/moisture ingress but the board/pins look fine with no obvious corrosion or damage. Any help much appreciated Regards Adam
JA: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?
Customer: No faults showing
JA: I'll pass this info along to the Ford Mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. What year is your Focus?
Customer: 57 plate
JA: Are you fixing your Focus yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Removed all bulbs and holders to check for damage, removed and checked GEM module for signs of damage, checked rear passenger multiplug for water ingress
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No don't think so 🖒
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Even though the GEM appears to be o.k it can still be faulty internally causing this issue here.I have seen GEM failure in the past before cause a fault similar to this needing replaced.I would have the signals checked with a multi meter and a scan tool used that can plug in and communicate with all computers to see if any codes are set in any computers as this will help diagnose and locate this issue here.On some models the turn signals use a separate flasher or flasher relay/module that can fail or act up internally causing this fault as well here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete