Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

2005 p12 20QR cvt auto engine surges 1500rpm to 2500 rpm

Customer Question

2005 p12 20QR cvt auto engine surges 1500rpm to 2500 rpm have changed maf, both o2 sensors, temp sen, accel pedal, throttle body, checked for leaks this has a new lpg conversion but surges on both petrol and gas ?
JA: Have you located all of the vehicle's oxygen sensors? Are the wires leading to and from each intact and in good shape?
Customer: yes the sensors are new
JA: What is the model of your '05 Nissan?
Customer: primera p12 saloon
JA: Are you fixing your Saloon yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: self employed mechanic i hav the snapon solace ultra scanner as first message have replaced both o2 sensors thorttle body temp sensor maf sensor accel pedal,
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: only does this when warm
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If you have not had the injectors tested this should be done to see if there are any issues with an injector allowing to much fuel in causing this surge issue.I have seen this before in some cases.If this is or was checked and found o.k. I would do an intake smoke test injecting smoke into the intake to locate any hard to see vacuum leaks like the intake gaskets themselves as this can cause this issue here.If this is all found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete