Marty
Marty, European Car Expert
Experience:  ASE & Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 30 years experience.
13230946

Im from Germany and I have a 07 Silverado 2500 duramax new

Customer Question

Hi, Im from Germany and I have a 07 Silverado 2500 duramax new body style. My problem is, all turn signal lamps, hazard, fog lights, cruise, high beam and wiper in fast position doesnt work. I hear 1x click, when turn signal switch go to left or right and thats it. When I start, park lamps, tail lights and low beam lights works, but I cant switch in high beam or park lamp position. When engine is off, I cant switch to park lamps or high/low beam lamps.
No codes in any systems, all fuses are good. Have a snapon sullus scan tool, and check body control module to test the turn signal switch, but can only test the hazard function and that doesnt work. Can give a output signal to each corner to test the turn signal, thats also doesnt work.
Thanks for helping me.
Marko
Category: UK Car
Expert:  david craig replied 3 months ago.

Hi Im David, thank you for visiting the site. the multi function switch needs to be replaced. I have seen quite a few of theses trucks with this issue.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi David, thanks for your answer. I have a new switch on stock and test it on monday. Give you an answer.
Have a nice week.
Marko

ok, let me know. thanks Marko....

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi David, I changed the multi funktion switch, but same problems. Any other idea?
Can headlight turn off, when engine run. Instrument panel lights works perfekt.
Thanks Marko

Im sorry to hear that didnt fix the issue. that problem on your vehicle is inherent and is always fixed by replacing the switch. please allow me a little while to research my resources and I will let you know what we need to do next.

Heres a test you can run with your solus. it quite possibly may be BCM related.

just checking in to see how its going

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi David,
my diagnostic tool say, I dont have a acc signal on ignition switch. I tested the switch, on the ignition switch connector and as input on BCM, Also the turn signal switch. Perfect. Also the under hood fuse block.
On my sullus I can see as input signal all cruise control functions, but no light functions.
As output I can simulate all turn signals, high beam, fog, but wiper high doesnt work.
On connector X1 on BCM I have all signals and grounds.
What do you think, is it possible, a ground signal or voltage signal on BCM is missing?My problem is, in Germany I cant find a dealer for reprogramming a new BCM. On turn signal switch I have a switched hazard/turn GROUND signal for left and right position. Its a 0.35 or 0.5 cable. Too small. I use 2 extra relais for a full ground signal, then I go with this switched ground to 2 new flasher relais on pin 31, the pin 49 is ignition switched plus and the 49a is my output signal.
Yes, I can see your great eyes, but it works and I can use the truck. Except hazard.Ignition off: I cant make park or headlights on
Ignition on: low beam headlights is on and I cant switch off. no fog lights, cruise control switch doesnt work, washer and wiper high doesnt work.
Engine run, same as ignition on.Can I send the old and new bcm to copy all datas to GM?Many thanks.
Marko

yes, i believe you can.

i just found out the yes you can send them out and have them transferred.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
To a GM dealer or a special company?

there are companies that you can have the PCM,BCM and TCM repaired and reprogrammed.

http://www.aesmodules.com/rebuilt

can i help with anything else?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Send an email to aesmodules.
Also I talked with an Opel/ Chevrolet dealer and he also use a tech2 tool. Not sure, is the same system as the american one. But the new chevy captiva and different Opel models has the same BCM-Style as my Silverado.
My question is, for programming a new BCM he need datas from GM direkt with vin or its a copy from old BCM to new BCM?
Thanks Marko