Marty
Marty, European Car Expert
Experience:  ASE & Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 30 years experience.
13230946

I have 2007 tdi jetta i was fitting an android stereo i

Customer Question

hi i have 2007 tdi jetta i was fitting an android stereo i connected all the wires and checked that it was working , it was so started screwing it back together . when i went to turn the car on there was a beeping noise all the clock lights started flashing and car would not start . so went back and checked every thing tried to start the car again same thing and a clicking noise under the steering wheel . so took the stereo back out but the clicking carried on . now the car is dead no power nothing . also i did notice the air bag light came on a couple of times as being off .
JA: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: it died within an hour
JA: Are you fixing your Jetta yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes im fixing myself but im at my girlfriends in the middle of nowhere so dont no where to start
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no not that i can think of at the moment
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 4 months ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service. This service will be an addition to the normal question cost. Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!! I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

have you tried to jump start the vehicle . sounds like you have a worn battery due to the fact working on the stereo and with the dome lights on took the battery down.

please let me know!!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
battery is flat now but car started before i put stereo back in .everything stop working gradually i will get a jump when my girlfriend gets in from work . i have tried to put key in ignition but still getting clicking from relays .
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 4 months ago.

i just wonder if the battery is just low !!! lets try jumpbut wait 10 minutes let the battery charge from the other running vehicle before starting!!