Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

Tried airbag reset but won't work,tried once tried 70 times

Customer Question

Hi tried airbag reset but won't work,tried once tried 70 times can't I just pull fuse
JA: Just to clarify, how fast were you going and what did you hit?
Customer: Nothing changed seat and put resisters in
JA: What is the model of your '70 Nissan?
Customer: N16 2000 2.2 diesel
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes tried reset sequence,no good
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In most cases the fault needs reset/cleared out with a compatible scan tool that will plug in and communicate with all computers.If this has not been attempted this needs done.If you remove the fuse this leaves the air bag warning light on and disables air bag functions so this is not advised to do.If the codes do not reset or clear out then there is still a fault with the air bag system needing diagnosed and repaired.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete