Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

Can't get in the boot of my 2013 california. battery is

Customer Question

can't get in the boot of my 2013 california. battery is dead. keys stuck in ignition but i have a spare set
JA: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?
Customer: i have changed the battery before. don't drive it to often.
JA: Are you fixing your California yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: tried opening the bootmanually
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: i have a charger and want to plug it in
Submitted: 6 days ago.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 6 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If the spare key does not turn in the boot manually this can be a fault with the latch or key cylinder bound up.Try spraying a small amount of lubricant into the key cylinder hole and then work the key in it to see if it then releases.If this is or was already attempted and did not work let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete