Marty
Marty, European Car Expert
Experience:  ASE & Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 30 years experience.
13230946

I have VW Passat 2007 TDI not starting(crancking) and

Customer Question

I have VW Passat 2007 TDI not starting(crancking) and checked with scanner and getting 00568 code.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service. This service will be an addition to the normal question cost. Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!! I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

in which module that code comes about? any recent repairs like battery replacement or something else before this issue came about?

please let me know!!

thanks

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
were things that were done recently and the info I got from the owner is:- EGR coolant replacement, Boost Sensor Replacement, mass air flow sensor replacement. The battery was very low so I had to disconnect and recharge it. And now it starts but the disel glow indicator flashes and engine check light is on. i checked for errors and got the following three:-
00801(AC switches, pressure- Shorted to plus), 00275(ABS outlet valve, rear right- Shorted to plus), and 00568(Servo motor position- Shorted to plus)
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 month ago.

what make and model # scan tool are you using please because none of these codes pertain to engine codes .

thanks

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It's Autocom CDP+ 2016
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 month ago.

ok 00568 code is for the charge air pressure sensor . since it has been replaced the we need to look at the wiring . i do need picture of the white options sticker in the trunk area . size 3 x5 .

thanks

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
nothing in the trunk but i've found this in the door if it's helpful.
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 month ago.

let me try to get the wiring diagram