sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I have a 2005 clk55 which lost radio reception and remote

Customer Question

i have a 2005 clk55 which lost radio reception and remote unlocking so just browsing internet for cause. Its a coupe. I suspect the ant amp and are looking if it is something I can replace myself (behand roofliner) or if I better bring it into the dalership. You cant be helpful hands-on because I live in the netherlands
JA: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?
Customer: yep
JA: What year is your Coupe?
Customer: an end of life 2005 clk55 amg just before it was replaced by the 53
JA: Are you fixing your Coupe yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: 63
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: i just checked the fuse. Thats fine and horn works too so its not as simple as replacing the fuse unfortuantely so mext suspect is ant amp in my opinion
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
is it possible to sent me a overview of exact location and if it is as I suspect located behind roof lining how best I could remove that or if I should not try and bring it in to a mechanic near me in the Netherlands. Ofc if you thing something else is the culprit I would appreciate that information as well
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 13 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If you're unsure of the cause of the problem I would recommend having the problem diagnosed properly rather than simply replacing the amplifier. It could very well be the cause of the issue but depending on exact vehicle build the antenna amplifier could be as much as $850 USD which is more than I'd feel comfortable guessing with.

The amplifier is located on the roof just forward/above the rear glass and does require headliner removal to access/replace.