Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

I own a 1999 V40 D4192T2 and have troubles with: Just

Customer Question

Hi! I own a 1999 V40 D4192T2 and have troubles with:
JA: Are you fixing your V40 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just asking:
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: My speedometer often does not function, sometimes due to a more or less great hollow of the street: is there something I can check in the contacts/connectors at the back of the instrument panel?
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 15 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If the engine is running properly and transmission is operating and shifting properly with this fault here this is usually due to an internal fault with the instrument cluster itself.The stepper motor for the gauge usually fails or acts up causing this issue here needing replaced.

You can remove the cluster and check the contacts and connections at the back of it but usually this is a fault with the cluster itself needing repaired or replaced to resolve this here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete