Robert
Robert, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

2007 Renualt Clio front windreen wiper motor replaced 12

Customer Question

2007 Renualt Clio front windreen wiper motor replaced 12 months ago. Wipers have stopped moving but I can hear the wiper motor running (quite loud).
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Do you know if there is power to the wiper motor?
Customer: I think so, since the wiper motor is definately running
JA: What is the model of your '07 Renault?
Customer: Dynamique
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: cleared the debis from the drainage at the front. I plan to have a mechanic/auto electrician fix it,when I can find a reliable one.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Possibly a service the mot is due in January
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Robert replied 11 days ago.

Hi..there..apologies for the delay in answering your question...so i will try and help as best i can..

If your hearing the motor running when you switch the wipers on,then the problems not likely going to be with the motor itself - then its likely the motor spindle,securing bolt is loose that attaches to the linkage unless the linkage or one or the arms has popped off again....you need to get the plastic cover over the plenum drain or below the windscreen to gain access to the wiper assembly..any good mechanic or garage will be able to check this quite easily.but of course they need to be working prior to your mot..I do hope this helps