sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I have got volvo s60 d5 2005. Shows me at the pannel that

Customer Question

Hello i have got volvo s60 d5 2005. Shows me at the pannel that the gear selector reduced function. When im driving it sometimes it doesnt change the gear. What is the problem??
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Shows me at the pannel "gear selector service required"
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Im waiting for the answer. Please. I need as soon as possible
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Justanswer!

Your transmission is going into limp in. When the trans controller sees an issue that will prevent proper operation it will set fault codes and lock you in a single gear. There are many possible causes for limp in including the trans controller itself, solenoids, the transmission range sensor, speed sensors, wiring, internal trans or valve body problems.

The first step in diagnosing the problem will be to use a scan tool or code reader to see what fault codes are setting in the trans controller and then testing can be done from there.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It shows gear selector service required