Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Kubota 4cyl diesel eng. has overheated befor. replaced head

Customer Question

kubota 4cyl diesel eng. has overheated befor . replaced head and gasket. ran 4 months. heard a noise shut off noticed it was getting hot. wouldnt start back. later when cool started, had exsesive blowbuy. over heated in about 10 min.
JA: Have you checked the coolant? Have you checked for a leak in the cooling system?
Customer: we keep a close eye on things everything was fine.intill he heard the noise. i will follow the steps to check engine, just afraid that bottom end of engine is going bad
JA: Are you fixing your MINI yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: drill rig with kubota diesel . havent seen it yet. towed it back late friday night
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Matt replied 2 months ago.

Hello

This sounds quite likely that you may have popped the head gasket

So the thing to try is a head gasket / block test kit as these take a coolant sample and analyse it for any signs of combustion gas - if present this would indicate the head gasket is on its way out

http://www.uktools.com/block-tester-p-12508.html

Expert:  Matt replied 1 month ago.

Hi

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you