sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Well, it is refuses to start. Last driven on Tuesday then

Customer Question

Well, it is refuses to start. Last driven on Tuesday then tried to start it a day later and nothing. Just silence. Manged to get a mechanic on site - he checked the battery and the starter. Both seem to work just fine. The car doesn't display anything on the dashboard.. any sugestios? It is a 2010 Smax with 2.0 diesel
JA: Does the battery look like it's leaking? And does it have a strong smell -- like sulfur?
Customer: The battery was checked by the mechanic. Works fine. They also tried starting it from cables.
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: s-max 2010
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I tried contacting mechanic that came and checked both battery and starter. Both are fine on their own.. Still when turning the key all I hear is silence.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Well, i tried using spare key to see if it might be related with that. Also didn't work.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 3 months ago.

hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are several things that could be causing the no start condition and it will take some testing to determine what is going on. You could have a bad ignition switch, transmission range sensor, a wiring issue, the engine controller itself may be missing a power or ground or may have failed.

The first thing that needs to be done is use a scan tool to see if the ECM will communicate. Has this been done?