Ron, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  ASE tech with 34 years of fixing cars
7276279

I have 2007 Chevrolet silverado 6.6 TD. I got bunch of DTC

Customer Question

I have 2007 Chevrolet silverado 6.6 TD . I got bunch of B DTC B1000, B1325, somu U codes etc
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?
Customer: Try to rese but comes again after ~5 - 10 sec
JA: Are you fixing your Silverado yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: B1000 type 31, B1000 type 36, B1325 Type 03, U0020 Type 00, U0073 Type 00 not tried anything so far but read the diagnostic code
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: tried again and got even more codes car runs ok
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I added second scan. More codes appear
Expert:  Ron replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Expert:  Ron replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. If the truck is running a tunner/performance chip , try removing it and clearing the codes and then see which one reset and post back with them and I will see if I can help you get this resolved.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No tuner/performance chip used.
Expert:  Ron replied 2 months ago.

Okay if you clear the codes, which ones rest?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The ones I sent in the attachment, seems is more and more but car starts and runs normally.
Expert:  Ron replied 2 months ago.

It dose not make any since to have that many codes and the engine runs normal. So if you clear all the fault codes your saying all of them return?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
understand, one thing I fail to inform you: The car has modified ECM (no external Tuner/chip) Thus the car can run without anti theft control and some other controls from the Body Control Module. Probably a vice thing to plug the original computer back in and then check the codes. I do and then inform you.
Expert:  Ron replied 2 months ago.

I would agree with that , let see what fault codes set with the original computer and we can work from there.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I exchanged the ECM to the original one and got a lot/same error codes. lots of B codes
Expert:  Ron replied 2 months ago.

And yet the truck is running fine?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It starts ok and takes gears and inside functions seems ok. This ECM I plugged in is 100% original
Expert:  Ron replied 2 months ago.

Okay but what about the modifications you mentioned that where done to the BCM?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No modification to BCM. Modification was made on PCM that disabled some functions/signals from BCM. Thus I replaced the PCM by the original ones and got same bunch of codes.Jonas
Expert:  Ron replied 2 months ago.

Well with all of these codes it dose not make any since that the truck seams to be running fine.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
One thing I notized this morning was a weaker warning sound like when you drive without safety belts used the warning sound is much weaker. Maybe I am fighting some ground problems.
Expert:  Ron replied 2 months ago.

That is possible but in most cases if you have a grounding issue there would be symptoms to go with it.