Marty
Marty, European Car Expert
Experience:  ASE & Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 30 years experience.
13230946

The problem is a different side airbag connector in the old

Customer Question

hello, the problem is a different side airbag connector in the old and new seats
JA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: 2005 p12
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing,since i dont dare
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: connect me to whom
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Eric replied 2 months ago.

HI,

What are the seats you are installing and did the come from the same model vehicle?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The new seats are from a 2006 model that is a newer model by one year. The connector to the seats side airbag is different, smaller. In both there are just two wires in the connector, older one having grey and turqois, newer one just two yellows. Now my question is whether a) there is any difference in the actual parts after the connector (in the airbag and its resistance or whatever) and b) there is a definite order for these two wires (ie can I just connect the yellow1 to either,grey or turqois).Is there a certain and definite direction of the current in the airbag?Now I only ask advice from abroad since the official finnish nissan maintenance refused to give any answer and washed their hands off the case. I understand the proper procedure is to have just the right parts but these are the second pair of front seats I have bought in a sequence for that car, and wrong ones again despite the sellers assurances.I appreciate your effort this is a really tough one.Pauli Jokinen
Finland
I
Expert:  Eric replied 2 months ago.

HI,

Ok, give me a few minutes to pull the schematics