Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

I have 2011 kuga with engine malfunction light on with no

Customer Question

hi i have 2011 kuga with engine malfunction light on with no loss off power
JA: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?
Customer: no i dont
JA: I'll pass this info along to the Ford mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. What is the model of your '11 Ford?
Customer: 2011 kuga zetec
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: not tried anything yet
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thats it thanks
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

What needs to be done from here is to have a fully compatible scan tool plugged into your model to read what codes are set with this issue here.Once this has been done any codes set will need diagnosed to then locate and correct this fault.If the engine and transmission are operating properly with this fault here most likely this is a minor issue and you may be able to continue to operate the vehicle until you can have the codes checked and diagnosed then repaired.Most shops or a dealer can diagnose and repair this for you.This is most likely a sensor at fault needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete