Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

Can I write in Spanish? Jeep Cherokee 1998, disable security

Customer Question

hello. Can I write in Spanish ?
JA: What is the model/year of your Jeep?
Customer: Jeep Cherokee 1998
JA: Are you fixing your Cherokee yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: disable security jeep cherokke 1998
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 20 days ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

I have located this info on the security system disable for this year and model here.If this does not work or you are unable to locate these components let me know.

Raise and secure the Jeep Grand Cherokee engine hood. Remove the negative (black) battery cable from the battery terminal using the socket wrench.
Open the driver's side door and locate the kick panel, which is located near the vehicle's hood release lever. Use a screwdriver to remove the plastic covering.
Locate the factory installed alarm disable wire, which is purple with a yellow stripe. Use the wire cutters to cut the wire, then strip off half an inch of the plastic sheath from each end of the cut wire with the wire strippers. This should leave you with exposed wire on each end of the severed wire.
Unscrew a bolt from the unused pedal mount, which is the foot pedal to the very left, that is unused in automatic transmission equipped vehicles. If your Jeep Grand Cherokee is a manual, there will be a used bolt at the bottom of the door frame. Attach the ground wire to the bolt using the eyelet end of the wire. Re-fasten the bolt with the screwdriver.
Insert all three exposed wires: the two alarm disabled wire ends and the ground wire end, into the 3-way wire connector. Lightly tug on the wires to ensure they are inserted into the connector all the way. Insert the 3-way connector into the kick panel area and replace the kick panel.
Replace the negative (black) battery terminal back onto the battery post and tighten with the wrench. Lower and secure the vehicle engine hood.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Dear Pete,The car is NOT a Grand Cherokke, it's a Cherokee of the 98 and I need to override the boot safety system. I have the key without encoder, and the encoder on a key chain with two buttons, unlock and lock.The safety system pickup is on the roof console.Waiting for your information.Greetings,Javier Barquilla
0034 639 213 433
Expert:  Pete replied 20 days ago.

Unfortunately this is all of the info I have on this here myself.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete