Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

I have a problem with my lexus IS 300 SCREEN. 2008 MODEL...

Customer Question

Hello madam i have a problem with my lexus IS 300 SCREEN .
JA: What year is your IS 300?
Customer: 2008 MODEL... THE SCREEN WONT COME.. I EVEN INSTALLED THE WHOLE NAVIGATION UNIT OF MY FRIEND UNTO MY CAR BUT IT WONT WORK
JA: Are you fixing your IS 300 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING I CAN TO SEE IF IT WONT COME BUT IT NEVER CAME MY FRIEND HAS THE SAME CAR.. I PLACED HIS ENTIRE SYSTEM INTO MY CAR TO SEE IF IT WOULD COME BUT IT NEVER CAME .
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: the screen is not coming and my AIR CONDITION IS NOT WORKING AS WELL.
JA: How long has this been an issue? How many miles are on the car?
Customer: 120,900 MILES AND THIS PROBLEM HAS BEEN FOR 7 MONTHS NOW SOMETIMES IT COMES AND IT QUICKLY GOES OFF
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 22 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

With this issue you have described here this sounds like a fault with the wiring or connections to the heater/ac panel and navigation screen display itself.If you have not checked for any shorted,broken or damaged wiring leading to these this needs done.If this is checked and found o.k. make sure all fuses are o.k. in all fuse panels but usually with it intermittently coming on and going off this can indicate an issue with wiring or connections leading to this unit.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete