Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech
Experience:  Toyota Master Tech, ASE Certified
1279120

I have a 2005 corolla ce with manual trasmission and 1zz-fe

Customer Question

i have a 2005 corolla ce with manual trasmission and 1zz-fe engiine. i tried installing a oem cruise control on the car. i installed the oem cruise stalk, replaced the clutch and brake switch. the cruise light turns on when pressing on/off button, but it doens set speed when i press the lever down (set/decel). I got an alcolock system installed on the car. i've noticed the clutch switch wiring had been bypassed so i fexed that and i assume the switch is working cause i have to press the clutch pedal to start the car. i was wondering the gap on the brake pedal switch could be the issue
JA: While using the cruise control can you accelerate or decelerate? Have you checked the fuses?
Customer: all fuses are ok in the outside box im sure for the inside box i havent checked but if the cruise light turns on i assume the circuit is powered, but i dont really know the actual wiring. i am a young diesel heavy duty mechanic.
JA: Are you fixing your Corolla yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes i fix and troubleshoot myself
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: thats about it
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 6 months ago.

Thanks for posting,

Check the brake lights, make sure they are not staying on all the time, no warning lights on the dash on either.