Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

I have error code DF228 on Kangoo 2011, it is 46000 Km, it

Customer Question

Hi i have error code DF228 on Kangoo 2011
JA: How many miles are on the car? Do you have scan tool or a code reader?
Customer: it is 46000 Km
JA: What is the model of your '11 Renault?
Customer: it is 2011 renault Kangoo
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes i read the car with scanner end this error com up DF228
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes the problem is with the wiper end headlight do not work
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

The info I have located on this code here is a possible brake switch fault.Some models use more then one brake switch and one of these can fail causing this code here needing replaced.I would have the brake switches checked/tested to locate if one needs replaced to resolve this.

As for the wiper if these are both controlled by the same switch assembly this can be a fault with the switch assembly itself needing replaced.I have seen several switch assembly failures in the past before needing replaced for this issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete