sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I have 2points. Pt cruiser from 2006, 183 k km on the

Customer Question

Hi Pearl. I have 2points.
JA: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?
Customer: Pt cruiser from 2006, 183 k km on the counter
JA: Are you fixing your PT Cruiser yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Car is running well but. Since a while warning light on dashboard airbag is on continuous. Mechanics can not find the root cause
JA: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?
Customer: Fuses are OK, bulb is lighthed so OK
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes, Last week warning light of oil pressure was not going out after starting the motor. Went immediately to the garage, they refreshed the oil( was on my 180 k km maintenance) replaced the service belt + the mechanic tension parts of this belt. Now, light is still on after starting, however once I stop the motor and restar again, all fine, no warning oilpressure again, ( airbag however continuous), on long distance consumption and temp meter are OK
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 20 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The oil light could be staying on due to an actual loss of oil pressure or a wiring issue but you almost surely have a bad oil sender. I've found the sender to be ruptured and leaking into it's connector on almost all occasions of an oil light coming on with these vehicles.

The airbag light could be coming on due to dozens of different reasons and it will take some testing to determine exactly what is going on. Do you know what fault codes are setting?