sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I have a 2008 300crd which cut out a while back at the

Customer Question

I have a 2008 300crd which cut out a while back at the battery would die. I have had the battery and alternator replaced the on board computer in the dash showsb14.8 to 15v on ideal and engine rpms and different speeds. Everyone and then and when you just touch the throttle in rapid succession the volts drop to 13v for a second or too. Also the fuel pump relay seems to be hot. Any ideas
Submitted: 26 days ago.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 25 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Unless the battery light is coming on and/or you're setting a fault code for the alternator's performance then you wouldn't need to worry about momentary fluctuations in charging voltage. If charging voltgae was out of the commanded range then a code would set and the battery light would stay on.

Are you actually seeing the battery light come on?
Have you checked for fault codes?

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
No bit I will get the car on a scammed and see if there are codes. It's 15v that bothers me isn't that to high for the battery. I have checked the voltage across the battery terminals and it's 14.9v at idle. Also.should the fuel pump relay be hot to the touch?
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 24 days ago.

Relays will become warm during operation.

If charging voltage is out of the commanded range then there will be a fault code stored and the battery light would come on.