Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Just been getting car easy for mot found fuse for central

Customer Question

Hi just been getting car easy for mot found blown fuse for central locking. Also had to do a bit of welding so disconnected battery after reconnecting battery imovilizer has set and car won't start? I do not have a remote key phob but when I lock or unlock door with key the lights flash and horn sounds as they should and the red indicator light goes out but when I go to start car there is a beeping sound and car will not turn over? Can you help?
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the door switches?
Customer: Yes all that seems to be working?
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: 2000 rover 25
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. I have tried entering the EKA code but still same result?
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I can think of?
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Matt replied 4 months ago.

Hello

1st try disconnecting the main battery again and short the two battery cables together for 20 mins to reset all the systems

and check that the main earth connection to the car body is clean and tight

then as you have no fob to reset try entering the EKA code again

Expert:  Matt replied 4 months ago.

just to ensure the EKA entering instructions are:

Using the key, turn the drivers door lock (clockwise) to the LOCK position and hold it there for at least 5 seconds. Then return the key to the centre position. It is now possible to use the key to enter the numerical value of the four digits of the EKA Code as follows:

1. The first digit of the code - Turn the key fully, as far as it can go, anti clockwise to the unlock position (the doors will unlock) then back to the central upright position. This should be done the amount of times as the first digit of the EKA code.

2. The second digit of the code - Turn the key fully, as far as it can go, clockwise to the lock position then back to the central, upright position. This should be done the amount of times as the second digit of the EKA code.

3. The third digit of the code- Turn the key fully, as far as it can go, anti clockwise to the unlock position then back to the central, upright position., This should be done the amount of times as the third digit of the EKA code.

4. The fourth digit of the code - Turn the key fully, as far as it can go, clockwise to the lock position then back to the central, upright position., This should be done the amount of times as the fourth digit of the EKA code.

5. Once the EKA code has been entered correctly, turn the key once to the unlock position then fully return it to the central position. wait 5 minutes before you open the door.

6. If the code has been entered successfully, the anti-theft indicator light will stop flashing and the engine can then be started.

Expert:  Matt replied 4 months ago.

Hi

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you